Pages

If any of you are familiar with my other website unearthedart.com this is basically an extension of that. I'll be posting updates of my recent personal and professional work here from time to time. Stay tuned...

Tuesday 11 September 2012

She's hairy...



I started working on the hair a couple of weeks ago. I decided to splash out and buy Hair farm which I'm really happy with. The only real downside for me at the moment is that it doesn't fully support V-Ray (yet).  You can still render the hair with V-Ray but you need to use Max's default lights for the hair to render correctly. These images were rendered using a combination of Max's omni light's and V-Ray lights.

I'm pretty happy with the results so far. It's taken a reasonable amount of experimentation with modelling the hair to get the results that I want, but now that I (think I) know what's going on it should be pretty straight forward for any other hair that I do.


This is by no means the final hair as I'll have to change it to accommodate the final posed figure and garments. I'll quite possibly be changing the colour of the hair as well as tweaking the final hair shaders.


(These images are also a week or two old.)

More to come...

G

No comments:

Post a Comment